DISCLAIMER

FIRST THINGS FIRST. IF YOU CAME HERE FOR NEW ALBUM DOWNLOADS,YOU CAME TO THE WRONG PAGE. THIS PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE DIE-HARD URBAN MUSIC FANS LOOKING FOR THAT RARE, HARD TO FIND @#*!. HOWEVER, I DO NOT STORE ANY FILES ON THIS SITE. DEAL WITH THE THIRD PARTIES FOR THAT. THIS SITE WAS CREATED BECAUSE FANS SIMPLY CANNOT FIND, ORDER OR PURCHASE THESE ALBUMS (plus those m*****f****** on Amazon.com be trippin'). I PROVIDE FOR YOU, NOTHING BUT RARE MUSIC FROM THE PAST. I WILL TRY MY BEST TO UPDATE ANY BROKEN LINKS OR UNFINISHED POSTS. SO JUST KICK BACK, LISTEN AND ENJOY.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

BILL COSBY IS NOT HIMSELF THESE DAYS... RAT OWN, RAT OWN, RAT OWN


For nine years, Cosby released at least an album a year since 1964. After a three-year hiatus, this was his first comedy album since 1973's Fat Albert and he wouldn't return to a full-fledged stand-up album again until My Father Confused Me... What Must I Do? What Must I Do?
This is also his first album for Capitol Records. In this, his fourth musical album release, he parodies various rhythm and blues artists including James Brown and Barry White. The songs were written with producer/keyboardist Stu Gardner.
The first single, "Yes, Yes, Yes", became one of Cosby's biggest charted hits after "Little Ole Man (Uptight, Everything's Alright)", reaching number 46 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 11 on the Billboard rhythm and blues singles chart. The song spoofed Barry White's deep-voiced spoken word monologues.


Yes, Yes, Yes (Cosby/Gardner) – 3:21
Chick on the Side (Cosby/Gardner) – 3:20
Shift Down (Cosby/Gardner/Lansbury) – 4:07
I Luv Myself Better Than I Luv Myself (Cosby/Gardner) – 6:00
Do It to Me (Cosby/Gardner) – 3:22
Ben (Cosby/Gardner) – 3:22
You're Driving Me Crazy (Cosby/Gardner) – 3:59
Garbage Truck Lady (Cosby/Gardner) – 2:38
Luv Is (Cosby/Gardner) – 3:13

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i remember hearing I Luv Myself Better Than I Luv Myself while i was looking for a parking place with a bandmate on our way to see a political film in San Francisco's Mission District in the '70s. i thot it is was great and couldn't believe my ears. went out and bot it the first chance i had. right now i'm trying to put it on a cd but my well-cared-for albums just sound bad no matter how i try to clean them up. i also remember falling on the floor laffing at Cosby's albums at my best friend's apartment in Austin many years ago. whatever he's up to now he sure could be funny.